A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a dual-purpose gift that can help balance your need for predictable income with your desire to make a gift to support your favorite Cru ministries or missionaries.
When you fund a CGA with cash or publicly traded securities, you make a gift to the ministry and receive an income from Cru Foundation. It’s a win-win for many people.
How it Works
A charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and Cru Foundation.
- Complete the CGA application and establish the annuity with a gift of $5,000 or more.
- Receive fixed payments on a quarterly schedule for the lifetimes of up to 2 people as well as a tax deduction for a portion of your donation.
- Your gift accelerates the gospel work of your favorite Cru ministries and missionaries!
Cru Foundation follows annuity rates as approved by the American Council on Gift Annuities, but the annuity itself is held at Cru Foundation.
Types of Assets You May Give
- If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity income will be tax-free.
- You may make a gift of your appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
Choose When to Receive Payments
Immediately — You may transfer property in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments starting as soon as this year. You will receive a current income tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift to Cru Foundation.
Deferred — Perhaps you are not ready to begin receiving income until a future date, such as when you retire. You can establish a deferred gift annuity, receive a current charitable income tax deduction and receive payments at a designated future time.
Flexible Deferred — As with a deferred gift annuity, you establish the annuity today and receive a charitable deduction this year, but the payments are deferred until such time as you elect to begin receiving the payments. The date could be currently unknown.
Our team can help!
For questions or to discuss more details about a Charitable Gift Annuity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-449-5454.
To establish your charitable gift annuity, please complete the application and sign and mail to:
100 Lake Hart Dr. #3600
Orlando, FL 32832