If you are looking for a declaration for your family or ministry to affirm, consider this piece that individuals and organizations are adopting around the world.
The Generosity Declaration
My (Our) commitment to biblical generosity. I (We) affirm that:
• God is indescribably generous. I (We) see this in His creation and experience it in his redemption plan through the life, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
• God is creator, sustainer and owner of all things (Psalm 24:1). He has supplied His infinite resources to me (us) to steward for His Kingdom purposes, including to reach the ends of the earth for the glory of His name (Luke 12:42-48; Revelation 7:9-12).
• Just as Jesus lived a truly and perfectly generous life to serve and save people, it remains fundamental therefore, that Christians model biblical service, generosity and stewardship (Mark 10:45; 1 Corinthians 4:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:8-9).
I (We), therefore, commit myself (ourselves) to foster a culture of biblical generosity and stewardship that will transform individuals and communities as I (we):
• Recognize that generosity is manifested in giving funds, resources, time, talents, gifts, prayer and my (our) very presence.
• Practice holistic stewardship, generous living, and gracious financial giving while encouraging these virtues within my (our) spheres of influence through modeling, teaching and equipping.
• Engage openly with other Christians and their networks in a global movement in which the whole church lives out and takes the whole gospel to the whole world as effective and generous stewards.
You may also sign up for the free online Generosity eDevotional at: www.generositymovement.org/category/resources/study_guides
Share this Post